We are now at 847 Yates St. (in the “Wave” building). The 800 Block of Yates is located between Quadra and Blanshard. There are 14 parking spots directly in front of our store.
Coming down (south) from Highway #1 or #17, turn left onto Fisgard, go up 2 blocks, then turn right onto Quadra, then right onto Yates St and we are located on the left hand side.
Located in Victoria, BC, Canada, ReStart Computer Inc. first opened it’s doors in 1995 as a local Macintosh reseller and service center.
Specializing in Macintosh-based systems for both consumers and professionals, we have a wealth of experience and training in server technology, small and home office to enterprise level networking, video-editing systems, graphic design systems, page layout and pre-press output, and perhaps most importantly, reliable data storage.
We focus on providing solutions as opposed to sales. Our non-commissioned sales team are here to help you find the right solution to fulfill your needs; be it a piece of hardware, a piece of software, a service, or just a little friendly advice.
ReStart & the Environment
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful places to live in the world. It’s why we chose to set up our Mac store here. We love nature and we’re sure you do too, so sustainability has been an important part of how we run our business.
Here’s some of the things we do as part of our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible:
· Our store is set up with high-efficiency LED lights, which are mercury-free and have the same C02 emissions reduction as 15 trees.
· Our security shutters allow us to shut off store power at night. Even our server system, running on EnergySTAR certified Mac Minis, shuts off at night.
· We also make sure to recycle all the paper products that we receive.
· All obsolete computer components including printer monitors, batteries etc are recycled at an approved government facility.
· When we do in-home service and training, we get there with a low-emission Honda Fit that gets 33 highway miles per gallon. Several of our employees even bike to work and appointments rather than drive.
Beyond improving our facilities, we also make sure to carry products that are energy-efficient. West-coast brands like Moshi and Apple have made great strides to reduce their emissions. For example, a new 21” iMac uses 50% less material and generates 50% fewer emissions than the first-generation 15” iMac. Apple’s products are also free of arsenic, phthalates, BFRs and PVC. Many of our suppliers use recycled materials for their packaging and products, and Apple even makes computer fans out of recycled plastic bottles.
Does your local electronics store make efforts to reduce their footprint? We take this stuff seriously, and we know our customers do too. The world is a beautiful place. Let’s keep it that way. Thanks for shopping at ReStart.